Online Marketing Videos: Look What The Marketing Pros Are Doing! - A Case Study
Video content for online marketing is a powerful tool. Savvy marketers are starting to adopt video for many reasons. Even though the return on investment can be challenging to measure when looking at a single metric (like views for example) but if you combine all the ways that video can impact your business and roll out an integrated strategy that takes advantage of all those factors, it can be a big win.
Here’s a great example of a video we produced for a client that they expect will help in many ways:
There’s actually a couple important take-away from this example…
Webmarketing123 is a San Francisco Bay Area digital marketing company that specializes in converting their client’s online visibility into measurable results. They offer Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising, and Social Media Marketing (SMM) services to a global portfolio of clients. Because of their deep knowledge of the digital marketing world, they know exactly how video can help achieve business goals, for example:
- Video greatly improves online visibility and awareness: improving a web page’s ranking in search results by 50 times! (Forester).
- Conversions: Online retailer Zappos is adding thousands of product videos to their site. Why? Because they see a sales conversion rate boost of 6-30% when they use product demo videos!
- Clients get to know a company and feel more comfortable doing business with them. In a complex sale, people like to buy from people, not faceless/soul-less companies.
- Client testimonials can add a massive credibility boost. Emotions say it all: You can tell when a client is genuinely happy and excited about the results they have seen.
- Social media and blog content. Video is a very sharable format and can make your social media more sticky and engaging, add it to blog posts, Facebook pages and your Tweets to increase engagement, comments, likes and follows.
- The Tube. You Tube is the #2 search engine on the web and where lots of people spend lots of time, if you don’t have brand videos there, you are invisible to a very big, very vocal, very active audience…and missing out on all the SEO, linking and social benefits that come with it.Â Tip: add closed caption transcription files for an added SEO boost!
- Mobile: Video is an ideal format for mobile devices. Web pages are frequently painful to try and read and people are starting to prefer (and frankly expect) video to be available for the topics they are searching. for.
For all these reasons, and more, video has become an extremely important tool in any online marketers arsenal. With over 20 years experience, I truly believe the key is finding a talented and experienced video producer to help craft a solution that fits with your goals.
If you’re interested in exploring what you might actually do with video, the process or the costs, please check out these previous blog posts that are a great guide to getting started on rolling out a marketing video plan for your company.
- An overview primer: Video Production for Marketing 101
- The video production process, an overview for marketers
- Video Production 201: The concept is everything. Focus on developing the right concept for what the video should be and acheive
- Exploring how video can help convert sales
- A look at Video Production costs for online Marketing Videos
- How to prepare for a video interview: Interviewee tips for being on camera
I hope these tips and the Webmarketing123 case study inspire and help you determine the right online video solution for your company. I’d like to hear from you if you have any questions about online video for marketing so please leave comments below and I will answer them.
Want to learn more about Online Video? Download our free Online Video Marketing Guide: Learn How to Promote your Business with Video (Free Download)