Why Use Video for B2B Marketing? (With Data)
Online video is now being effectively used for both B2C and B2B marketing.Â Many companies know that video can be helpful but they’re not sure where to start – or what exactly their goals should be.Â This is of course going to depend on the situation and business need, and we’ll get into that. First, here are some key statistics that help shape the picture of the online video landscape (sources referenced at bottom of post).
- 50% of Online Video is traffic is video.
- Google says an indexed video stands a 50x greater chance of ranking on the first search page than textual pages.
- Video rates as 400% higher engagement than static content.
- 75% of C-suite executives say they watch work-related online video at least once a week.
- 65% of senior executives have visited a vendorâs website after watching a video.
- Online retailer Zappos claims a 6-30% increase in sales conversions when a product page has a product demo on it.
- There are 4 Billion daily views on You Tube and 2.5 days worth of video uploaded every minute!
As you can see by these stats, people are engaged watching a lot of video online so you if don’t have video content for your brand, you aren’t even in the chance of getting in front of that audience. Video has such potential to engage emotion and effect business decisions (by both executives and by customers) but it’s important to make sure you do it right . If you are able to clearly demonstrate the unquestionable value of your service/product and get that message to the right audience, video should help boost conversions. One of the real tricks is setting up the video campaign – from creative to tracking – so that you can measure the key metrics. **
Here are just a few of the ways that video can be effectively used for B2B business challenges:
- *Boost Awareness, Visibility and Reach
- *Customer Education with Product/Service Demos*
- *Build trust with Customer Testimonials/Case Studies*
- *Boost Engagement (keep attention on your message)
- *Â Lead Generation: Drive Interest and Boost Leads
- Change Management: Leverage Video to Persuade and Motivate
- Call to Action:* Engage Emotion ->Demonstrate Value-> Create Interest->Drive Action*
- Branding: Craft a Consistent Message for a 24/7 Global Audience
The good news is that this is all possible now. The return on investment can be measured for all of these business uses. A strategic video marketing campaign that incorporates smart creative, distribution and tracking stands to make a big impact. Challenges remain but Marketers who are ready to leverage the best of the digital marketing tools are also still going to enjoy early adopter advantages of SEO lift from video meta-tagging and the priority afforded to video content in search results. It isn’t always a slam dunk and the tough part is getting started, *but once you get your feet wet, most clients seem to never look back.*
Want to learn more about Online Video? Download our free Online Video Marketing Guide: Learn How to Promote your Business with Video (Free Download)
If you found this helpful please share, ‘like’, and follow below. Really, please do!
1 Cisco Internet Traffic Study: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ns537/ns705/ns827/whitepaperc11-481360ns827NetworkingSolutionsWhite_Paper.html
2 Forrester Research
3 According to Flimp.net rich media statistics via http://www.flimp.net/
4 Forbes.com âVideo in the C-suiteâ study
5 Forbes.com âVideo in the C-suiteâ study